Monday, August 23, 2010

Getting oriented

And so it begins. I arrived in New Haven last night, completed the setup of my apartment this morning, and registered for Before the Fall Orientation this afternoon (get the pun - before the fall?), meeting with a small group and enjoying a welcome ceremony and dinner. I can't figure out why I'm so exhausted - it isn't as if the day was that strenuous! However, meeting so many new people and still uncertain about what the coming week holds is enough to unnerve anybody, I suppose.

I still don't know when I meet with an advisor about classes. The Berkeley Divinity School curriculum requirements are fairly regimented, so it's not as if I have a lot of wiggle room on class selection. But the thought of not knowing until the day before classes begin just what I'll be doing when they do begin is unsettling. So my mantra for the week is 'don't worry; be happy' as Luke said in his 12th chapter.

Tim and I just finished our first Skype date. It's nice to be able to see him while I talk to him, although I think the dogs were very confused that they could hear me, but I wasn't around anywhere!

It's a busy week ahead with a dizzying array of activities. Fortunately, we aren't expected to do everything, so I plan to give myself some down time here at my nest. I wonder if I can front-load on rest and sleep to carry me through the late night Old Testament texts? I didn't think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment